On May 30, 2019 changes to the BC Employment Standards Act were made, triggering the responsibility of employers to make sure that their practices are compliant. Key areas that all employers should be ensuring they are compliant with include the following:
- Informing employees of their rights under the Act in a form approved by the Director;
- Retention of records for 4 years rather than 2;
- Providing new job protected leaves for critical illness and injury leave as well as domestic violence leave;
- New regulations with respect to the employment of children; and
- The use of temporary help agencies.
You can learn more about the changes to the BC Employment Standards Act and what they mean for you by reading the June issue of Workplace Law Strategies Newsletter here.
To stay current with new case law and emerging issues, consider subscribing to Workplace Law Strategies and we’ll send helpful information straight to your inbox. Subscribe here.